Like you, at the South Carolina Association for Community Economic Development (SCACED), we envision a state with social and economic conditions that allow all of its residents to flourish. With your commitment, you make South Carolina a place where all communities thrive.
SCACED and its members work tirelessly to decrease poverty, increase prosperity, and improve the lives of our neighbors. Over the past 10 years, SCACED members have attracted more than $15 million dollars for our communities to increase access to jobs and job readiness, develop safe and affordable housing, start new businesses and provide access to healthy food.
SCACED members are an integral part of a coalition of more than 100 individuals and organizations dedicated to providing innovative and sustainable solutions for low-wealth communities in South Carolina.
Nonprofit Membership Benefits
By becoming a SCACED Member, your organization can increase capacity, gain access to exclusive funding opportunities, and advocate more effectively for your community. Membership entitles you to the following:
- Receive up to four hours of complimentary personalized training designed to optimize your organization’s goals and outcomes:
- Program evaluation and assessment
- Board development and training
- Strategic planning facilitation
- Grant writing assistance
- Take advantage of complimentary and member pricing for Community Development Institute workshops throughout the year
- Help shape the Community Development Institute curriculum
- Receive discounted admission to the annual Opportunity SC conference
- Qualify for scholarships to attend NeighborWorks Training Institutes
- Gain access to member-only granting opportunities like the Community Impact Fund
- Influence statewide public policy that affects our neighbors and communities
- Gain exposure for your organization through our online Membership Directory
- Participate in exclusive member only events